The Catholic Church in South West Queensland FIND A MASS OR PARISH Now

Toowoomba Church History

The first Catholic church in Dalby was built. When the walls of the church were nearly completed, a severe storm struck Dalby and the half-finished church was destroyed. However, the building was later completed. The current brick Church’s foundation stone was laid on 14th May 1920 and St Joseph?s church was dedicated on 4th December, 1921 by Archbishop Duhig.