St Stephen?s Parish Community incorporates St. Brigid?s Southbrook and Mary Immaculate Mt Tyson. Our Church Community began in 1893 and the foundation stone of the present church was laid in 1908. The church was opened 12th December 1909.
Our church is set in beautiful grounds which give it an atmosphere of welcome to all, irrespective of race, colour or creed. The church door is open for anyone at anytime to come in and spend time with their God. It is the central part of our lives as a community.
Welcome and pulling together speaks of our community. All families were invited to participate in the making of the Parish Banner, depicting important moments in their life?s journey.
We prepare our children for the Sacraments as they are our future leaders of the Church. As well, we prepare ourselves, by listening to God?s word and acting on it by our example such as visiting the sick and prisoners and through our care and concern for the needy and the poor.
In our Parish Community we try to create a sense of including everyone according to their abilities. This brings us all into an awareness of belonging and so creates peace and harmony and a sense of unity.
We pray that with the Holy Spirit?s guidance, the church will progress into the future with people sharing and caring for each other and that we all eventually will be united and come out of the darkness into God?s wonderful light.
Churches and Mass Times
St Brigid’s Church, Southbrook
Mary Immaculate Church, Mt Tyson
St Stephen’s Church, Pittsworth